Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese is macaroni and cheese with a kick. This homemade mac and cheese is made with a combination of delicious cheeses that will leave your mouth watering.
I love a good made from scratch macaroni and cheese. Homemade mac and cheese just tastes better and it really is so simple to make. This recipe is pretty straight forward and hard to mess up.
how to make pepper jack mac and cheese
Everyone loves a classic macaroni and cheese recipe– but if you want something with a little more flavor then you will love the added combination of pepper jack cheese. It isn’t too spicy but gives it just the right amount of flavor. With only a handful of common ingredients you will be able to whip this up quickly and it is sure to become a family favorite.
What are the best noodles to make Mac and Cheese with?
I always prefer using Elbow Macaroni noodles for mac and cheese. They are the closest noodle to the classic mac and cheese you are probably familiar with. However, you can always switch it up and try something different if you’d like. Other good alternatives would be bow-tie, rotini, campanelle or shells.
What kind of cheese do you use for Mac and Cheese?
Your classic macaroni and cheese recipe typically uses a mixture of medium cheddar or colby jack. Homemade mac and cheese can be very versatile. For this Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese recipe you will want to use a mix of Pepper Jack Cheese and Cheddar Cheese. You can either grate it yourself from a block of cheese or buy it pre-grated.
You will also use Laughing Cow Pepper Jack Cheese which is a soft cream cheese. You can find it in the cheese section at any grocery store. If you don’t have any and can’t make it to the store you can always leave it out or substitute for 1\4 cups of regular cream cheese and just add a little extra milk and Pepper Jack Cheese.
How long does does home made mac and cheese stay good for in the fridge?
This mac and cheese recipe makes a lot so you will most likely have leftovers! You will want to store your leftovers in an airtight container and place in the fridge. If properly stored it should stay good for 3-5 days.
- 16 oz Elbow Macaroni
- 2 C Half & Half
- 1 C Whole Milk
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 3 Triangles Laughing Cow Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1.5 C Grated Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1.5 C Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven or grill to 350°
- Boil noodles in pot of water and set aside.
- Melt Butter in pan on medium heat
- Add flour and stir until mixture bubbles
- Let cook for 5 minutes while stirring
- Add milk and half and half gradually while stirring
- Combine well and cook until mixture steaks
- Add salt, pepper and paprika and mix
- Add all pepper jack and 1 C of cheddar cheese to mixture and stir until melted.
- Combine noodles and sauce in large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Put mixture into 9×13 pan and top with remaining 1/2 C of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place under broiler until cheese brown
How do you reheat macaroni and cheese?
To reheat you can just add a little bit of milk and warm the noodles up in the microwave or on the stove top. You could also half the recipe if you don’t think you’ll need as much and to avoid having too many leftovers.
- Easy Classic Cheese Ball Recipe
- Easy Twice Baked Potatoes
- Funeral Potatoes
- How to Make the Best Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Pepper Jack Cheese gives your homemade mac and cheese a delightful flavor that everyone will love. Our Homemade mac and cheese is made with a combination of pepper jack and cheddar cheese that will become a family favorite!