Making frozen rolls taste better has never been easier! Follow our easy instructions to make frozen rolls taste homemade and you will never use another method.
Homemade rolls are typically my go-to but I don’t always have time to make them. Which is why I have perfected the method for making frozen rolls taste homemade. It is really easy and is totally worth the extra steps. These will be the best rolls that will end up tasting like they are rolls made from scratch.
What are the best frozen rolls?
We are all familiar with frozen Rhodes Rolls that you can find at any grocery store. However, we have used store brand Kroger frozen rolls and they taste just the same!
You will want to buy the thaw, rise and bake Dinner Rolls for this recipe.
How to make frozen rolls taste better
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 12 frozen rolls
- 2 quarts of water
- 1 egg
- Poppy seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Parmesan cheese
Prepare your frozen rolls
- Grease a 9×13 pan
- Place 12 frozen rolls in the pan
- Heat oven to 200°
- Boil 2 Quarts of water on your stove top
- Place the rolls on a rack with the pot of water in the bottom of the oven (this creates humidity which helps with rising)
- Let rise for 2 hours or until doubled in size
- Remove from oven and preheat to 350°
- Create an egg wash by mixing 1 egg with a fork
- Brush egg wash onto all rolls with a silicone brush (or spoon if you don’t have one)
- Top rolls with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, Parmesan Cheese or leave plain
- Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until rolls reach 190° F
- Remove and run a knife around the edges then shake and transfer all rolls to a cooking rack
- Enjoy hot or let cool
[mv_create key=”7″ thumbnail=”https://slowpokecooking.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/frozen-rolls-1-scaled.jpg” title=”How to Make Frozen Rolls Taste Better” type=”recipe”]
Can you freeze baked rolls?
Once you’ve baked and prepared your rolls you can freeze them to eat later on. Make sure they are fully cooled before putting in a ziploc bag. They will last 2-3 months in your freezer.
To defrost take out of your freezer and let thaw on your counter top. You can warm slowly in the microwave or oven.
What can I serve with dinner rolls?
We always have butter, jam or honey with our rolls. They are also delicious without any toppings or dipped in gravy and mashed potatoes.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- Ham and Cheese Roll Sliders
- Easy Twice Baked Potatoes
- The BEST ZucchiniBanana Bread Recipe
- Special Ingredient BLT
- Baked French Toast
Make frozen rolls taste better with our easy instructions.If you have ever wanted to make frozen rolls taste homemade you will love the way these store bought frozen rolls taste!