Grilled Steak Kabobs are a summer time staple! Kick up your summer BBQ by serving these delicious Beef Kabobs with its delicious made from scratch steak marinade. You will love the fresh and tender flavors of the steak, fresh vegetables and juicy marinade.
I love a good summer time recipe and these Steak Kabobs are no exception- they are so delicious!
The simple and quick steak marinade that goes with it make them tender and juicy and it will leave everyone begging for more. Once you add your fresh veggies you have a complete meal all on one stick!
What are Grilled Steak Kabobs?
Steak Kabobs are bite sized pieces of steak, paired along side a variety of fresh vegetables and a delicious marinade while cooked on a stick over an open flame.
You can really play around with different marinades and seasonings to get the perfect flavor combination. You could also use different proteins in place of steak including chicken, shrimp, lamb or keep it vegetarian by only using fresh vegetables.
Kabobs are really versatile and perfect for large crowds because they are easy to assemble and you can make a ton of them quite easily.
Grilled Steak Kabob Ingredients
- 2-3 8 oz. Sirloin Steaks- you will want to make sure your steak is properly trimmed and cut into bite sized squares
- 1 purple onion- this adds flavor
- 2-3 Bell Peppers- We love using all different colors- usually red and yellow
- 1-2 Yellow Squash or Zucchini- You could also do both
- 2 C Whole Mushrooms- This is optional, you can add or omit any veggies you prefer
- 1 can Pineapple Chunks- optional
How to make a Steak Kabob Marinade
To make the marinade you will simply gather the following ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together until combined. Once combine pour your marinade into a Ziploc bag or large bowl.
- 23 C Soy Sauce- any brand will do
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp each Salt, Pepper Garlic Powder
- 1/2 C Pineapple Juice- You can buy pineapple juice in the juice section at your store or if you add canned pineapple to your kabobs you can drain the juice from the canned pineapple and use that.
- 1/4 C Brown Sugar (optional)
How to assemble your Steak Kabobs
- You will want to start by trimming your steaks of any fat and then cube them into 1.5″X1.5″ cubes
- Add your steak cubes to the bowl of marinade, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator over night. If you don’t have time to marinade over night try to at least have them marinade together for 4 hours.
- When you are ready cook them, preheat your grill to a high setting
- Cut your veggies into 1.5″ square pieces, removing seeds from bell peppers
- Drain steak from the marinade and begin to skewer with vegetables placing meat between every 3-4 vegetables
- Add your skewers to the grill and turn every 3-5 minutes until the steak reach an internal temperature of 145°-155° F.
- Once they are cooked thoroughly remove them from the grill and have them ret for 5 minutes before serving
[mv_create key=”61″ title=”Grilled Steak Kabobs” thumbnail=”https://slowpokecooking.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Steak-Kabobs-9-scaled.jpg” type=”recipe”]
What can you serve with Steak Kabobs?
Steak Kabobs can be served by themselves or with a side of rice and soy sauce or any other dipping sauce of your choosing. You can also make it a complete meal by adding a salad or fruit with it.
Do you have to soak your sticks for kabobs?
When using wooden skewers you always want to soak them first. If you don’t then the wooden sticks could burn or splinter. You can soak them by placing them in a warm water bath for up to thirty minutes. I love using metal skewers because you can use them time and time again and you won’t have to soak them.
Other smoked recipes you might enjoy:
- How to Smoke Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Easy Chicken Lollipops
- How to Make Hot Dog Burnt Ends
- Smoked Beef Back Ribs
- The Best Fall of the Bone Baby Back Ribs
- Taco Tuesday Carne Asada Tacos
- Smoked Chicken Wings
You will love these Grilled Steak Kabobs for your summer get togethers! Beef Kabobs are made with tender steak, fresh veggies and a delicious made from scratch steak marinade. You will love the juicy and tender texture and flavors of these delicious beef kabobs!