Have you ever found a bbq rib sandwich that was as good as the McDonald’s McRib? Well you’re in luck because this made from scratch, replication rib recipe of the McRib will have you making this sandwich all the time! You’ll be making this McRib Sandwich recipe over and over when you see how amazing it looks!
How to make a diy McRib
Every time the McRib sandwich is released, the whole world goes crazy for them. It’s no wonder, with its flavor-packed taste, the McRib is a fan favorite by far. Unfortunately, all good things come to an end, and eventually, McDonalds puts away this masterpiece until a later date.
If you have ever craved the McRib long after its departure, this recipe is for you! Making this sandwich is as easy as following the directions, and it will even taste better than the McRib. And once you make it, you will agree too.
What is a rib sandwich?
The rib sandwich started out in the south, although it’s enjoyed all over the country these days. It is made from a slab of pork ribs between two slices of bread (white bread is the preference) and covered with sauce, like BBQ or even teriyaki.
Can you freeze a mcrib sandwich?
Yes, all of the ingredients used for this DIY McRib can be frozen, although it is so good, you most likely won’t have to freeze it! If you do decide to freeze this sandwich, you can reheat it by leaving it to thaw out in your refrigerator.
How to reheat a prime rib sandwich?
You will want to preheat your oven to 250F and put the prime rib on a baking pan. You should also add a few tablespoons of broth to keep the flavor intact and so the ribs won’t dry out. Cover the pan with tin foil (the tinfoil should be snug), and heat for about 10 minutes (the prime ribs should be heated through around the 10 minute mark.
- 1 Rack of Baby Back Ribs
- 3 Tbsp Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Rib Rub
- 1 Cup Apple Juice, Peach Nectar or Other juice
- 2 Cups BBQ Sauce
- 1 Large Loaf French Bread or Hoagie Style Bread
- 1/2 white onion sliced and quartered
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Bread & Butter or Dill Pickles
- Preheat Smoker or oven to 225° F
- Remove membrane from back of ribs by sliding finger under then lifting to remove.
- Trim and excess fat
- Rub mustard on ribs then evenly add your Rib Rub
- Place ribs directly on smoker or on a cookie sheet in the oven
- Spritz with juice every 30 minutes or when ribs appear to be drying out
- Smoke for 3-4 hours then remove from smoker or oven
- Wrap ribs in double layer of aluminum foil with 1/4 cup juice and a little extra rib rub and place back on smoker or in oven
- Cool another 2-3 hours and remove
- Turn ribs over and remove individual bones either by pulling them out (if they’re tender enough) or using a knife and scoring the back to remove them.
- Brush on 1 Cup if your BBQ sauce and place ribs back on smoker or in oven for 30 minutes then remove.
- Slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise and place your ribs on the bread. Pour on your other 1 Cup of BBQ sauce and add pickles and onions.
- Slice for however many guests you have and enjoy.
What is Mcdonald’s Rib sandwich made of?
The mcrib (similar to this diy sandwich), is made of a pork patty, barbecue sauce, onions, and pickles.
How to eat a rib sandwich?
There is no right or wrong way to eat a rib sandwich, although it WILL be messy. In any case, you will enjoy these DIY McRibs!
- The Best Fall-off-the-Bone Baby Back Ribs
- Smoked Beef Back Ribs
- Herb Butter Smoked Prime Rib: Your GO TO Prime Rib Recipe
- Smoked Chicken Wings
- Smoked Butter Chicken
- Smoked Honey Mustard Pork Loin
- The Best and Easiest Pulled Pork Nachos
This delectable rib recipe will have everyone wishing to never go to McDonalds again. And as everyone knows, a bbq rib sandwich, especially one made from scratch, will soon become your go-to sandwich!